Monday, January 7, 2008

First Bites of Cereal! Yummy!



Alayna had her first taste of "solids" December 28th! "Solids" sounds a little funny since it it is more like liquid mush! She did really well! I was ready for her to hate it at first since that was our experience with Daniel, but she ate it really well! She actually ate a total of about 6 tablespoons! I still make sure I nurse her first to get the good stuff! She is eating cereal twice a day now. It has almost been a week with no reaction, so in a few days we can move on to a veggie! We started with sweet potatoes with Daniel, so that is probably what we will do with Alayna. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yay! I made it to your blog!!

Oh my gosh! So much to say: I love your house, You look awesome!! The kids are too darn cute!

Still trying the cereal here. Just once a day in the morning. I'm going to mix up less so less is wasted, but I figure it can't hurt to at least try each day, right?

How are you getting your weight off? I had 20 lbs. left after Seth. My goal is to lose 45 this year. Talk about feeling overwhelmed! I've been on our stationary bike for 30min. 5 times a week for the past couple weeks. Also have been watching what I eat. Hopefully this works. I'm still wearing maternity pants! Ugh.

Angela said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived next door to each other? We could lose baby weight together and I could ask you questions whenever I am unsure of Seth's progress. ha.

Beth said...

Yea Ang!! I am so glad you are able to see the blog! I can't believe I messed that up! Keep us updated as to how the cereal is going! As far as the weight, arg! I still have a good 10 pounds that I would like to lose. I would be happy with 5 right now! I am just trying to walk either with the jogging stroller or on the treadmill 5x/week and sit-ups and push-ups when I think of it. It came off so mush easier and faster with Daniel! It's much harder to find time with two kids! If I wasn't nursing I could go on a stricter diet! Oh well, she's worth it! I would love to live next door! It is so much easier to stay motivated with a friend! Not only would I get to see you, but Cleveland = snow! Great job with the bike! If you keep at it, the weight should start coming off!

I think this was more of an email than a comment!... :-)