Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas!





We had a wonderful Christmas! My family came down from Ohio to stay for a few days over Christmas. Bobby is still here as well. We also had Uncle Jeff and Aie over as well. We really missed Ama and Grandpa out in California though! Daniel was excited to come downstairs to see the presents and the empty cookie plate and milk glass with a thank you note from Santa for the milk and cookies and carrot for his reindeer. :-) He enjoyed opening his presents and handing out presents as well. He "helped" Alayna open her presents too! This was the first year that he really understood presents. Last year he had just as much fun handing out the presents to people as he did opening his own. I had made most of the side dishes and the pie on Christmas Eve, so all I had to worry about Christmas day was the turkey which was nice! We had a nice huge dinner together. Brian built a fire, so everything was nice and cozy. Daniel kept saying happy birthday to Jesus and we also sang the Happy Birthday song. So sweet! I wanted to make a birthday cake with Daniel, but ran out of time. Our church in New York did that with the children and I thought it was a neat tradition. Maybe next year. I can't believe the Christmas season is almost over. I love the decorations and lights. It makes the house feel so warm and cozy that it saddens me to have to take everything down in a couple days. (along with all the work involved!) It also means I have to stop playing Christmas music as well. :-( I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends! Praise God for blessing us with this wonderful season to celebrate His birth!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Beth for the report on your Christmas in Greenville. Sounds like a wonderful day. Wish we could have been there.

love, Ama and Grandpa